Sustainable Restaurants & Environmental Policy
We continually try to reduce the impact that our business has on the local and wider environment, reducing our footprint and supporting sustainable practices. We reduce our impact on the environment in the following ways:
- We prepare all of our menu items from scratch and in-house to reduce on-site packaging, transport and waste materials.
- We use exclusively fair trade coffee & chocolate
- All our used cooking oil is collected and recycled to make biodiesel fuel
- We separating and recycle all waste as possible.
- We have introduced Meat Free Mondays to bring awareness and reduction the impacts of consuming Meat & Fish on the environment.
- Being aware and continually assessing the environmental impact of our operations.
- Aiming to include environmental and ethical considerations in investment decisions where we can.
- Actively training employees in good environmental practice.
- We have installed filter & carbonation water system to eliminate packing and food-miles for still & sparkling water.
- We customised a sodastream system do avoid purchasing and wasting hi-carbonated bottled soda for cocktails.
- We have completely phased out plastic straws to use stainless steel straw stirrers.
- We request packaged beer & cider in recyclable cans whenever we can over glass bottles.
- We provide secure storage for staff bicycles to encourage cycling to and from work.
- We have stopped using egg-whites in cocktails, moving to the miracle of ‘aquafaba’ (organic chickpea brine) as a vegan egg-white substitute.
- We handle all of our laundry in-house to utilise chemical free detergents.
- We are phasing out paper napkins to use only house laundered linen.
- We moved our energy supply to a 100% renewable power company.
- Our menu only utilises produce when in season locally to avoid long haul transport.
- We operate a paperless office, using automation and online bookings.
- We have eliminated cardboard single use coasters, we now have multi-use cork coasters.
Giving a little back
- Our toilet paper is supplied by ‘Who gives a crap’ an Australian company proving recycled toilet paper while donating 50% of profits to provide sanitation in developing countries.
- We partner with Ozharvest on the ‘dollar-diner’ program to facilitate donations and provide brand visibility.
- Our bread supplier is ‘The Bread & Butter Project‘ a social enterprise that provides training and employment opportunities to communities in need, presently focusing on refugees and asylum seekers.